Megan Thee Stallion states the facts about 'Suga' Release

Megan Thee Stallion states the facts about 'Suga' Release

Megan Thee Stallion states the facts about 'Suga' Release

Get ready Stalli's, Hot Girl Meg is back!

Get ready Stalli's, Hot Girl Meg is back!

Text: Hailee Milton

It looks like the boat was docked in the harbor due to complications...but Megan Thee Stallion wouldn’t be Meg without figuring out a way to keep driving the boat. 

Our captain, Megan Thee Stallion, dispatched to her 9 million Instagram fans the news surrounding a current legal dispute with her record label, 1501 Certified. Admitting that her younger 20-year-old self did not thoroughly read her initial contract, limitations within the document were revealed. Upon meeting with Roc Nation, Megan learned the shocking discoveries she had legally bound herself to at the beginning of her career. However, due to years of built family-friendly repour between 1501 Certified and the artist, a renegotiation was respectfully put on the table — things got rocky. A crashing of events occurred, as a clause within her contract allowed the company to withhold 60% of her earnings. Understandably frustrating news, as the remaining 40% was contingent upon paying engineers, artist features, and mixers. Declining the negotiation, the label also threatened to block the release of any new music.

With help from a Texas judge, Houston hottie has obtained a restraining order against the record label, barring them from standing in the way of Megan and her music. Therefore, The Stallion’s 9 track album “Suga” will be released tomorrow, May 6th. While the truth will continue to be discovered as the trial develops, the 60/40 split is well below the industry standard. To make everything clear, read her comment down below or check out the public records available. Get ready Stalli's, Hot Girl Meg is back!

UP NEXT

Virgil Abloh Eases the Plight of Travel with Taïgarama’s Latest Drop
Louis Vuitton adds color to classics.