Swarovski’s New Hyperbola Capsule Collection is a Step for Sustainability
The beloved jewelry brand is becoming more future-forward while maintaining its historic glamour.
When you think of Swarovski, it’s surely sparkling crystals that come to mind. In their 128 year history, the brand has become a frontrunner in the jewelry market with campaigns featuring the likes of Bella Hadid and Adwoa Aboah.
Today, with the launch of their new Hyperbola capsule collection, Swarovski is further modernizing their company by taking steps to make their products more sustainable.
Each design in the Hyperbola collection is made with innovative materials and future-forward processes, yet maintains the historic glamour associated with the Swarovski name. The collection boasts a ring, a bracelet, and three sets of earrings, and uses certified carbon neutral Swarovski Zirconia along with recycled metals. Better yet, Swarovski Zirconia is produced through the use of renewable energy which, in comparison to regular zirconia, reduces carbon emissions by 58%. The remaining 42% of emissions were offset.
Swarovski Zirconia’s carbon footprint was measured and offset by South Pole, a Swarovski partner and leading climate consultancy. The calculated CO2 impact was compensated through high-quality carbon credits that were then channelled to support renewable energy efforts in remote regions of South-West China, as well as the Rimba Raya Biodiversity Reserve in Borneo, Indonesia to protect the area from deforestation.
This is exciting news for the sustainable fashion movement. The Hyperbola collection is just one of Swarovski’s first steps in transitioning all Swarovski Zirconia to carbon neutral.
The Swarovski Hyperbola capsule collection is available to purchase in Swarovski stores and online.